Friday 3 January 2014

The Award Title

So after giving it much thought, as well as asking opinions of colleges, friends and peers, I think I have decided that I want my award title to be

BA (Hons) Professional Practice (Choreography and Performing Arts)

I feel this award title is suitable for many reasons. Firstly my diploma is a Diploma in Musical Theatre from The Urdang Academy, which already shows I have well rounded training in that area from a very well established vocational school. 
I was originally going to go with the title of Dance, but after much thought I have decided that I am already focusing my career and dissertation on choreography, and feel it will be very beneficial to the direction of my career to have choreography in the award title. 
Finally, I have added performing arts to the title because I want to show the field of work my career is heading, without limiting myself to a specific genre. I felt 'choreography' on it's was too vague, but together with 'performing arts' clearly shows what my strengths are without being too specific. 

No comments:

Post a Comment