Monday 11 February 2013

1a. The development and comments on re-writing my CV


Before I re- wrote my CV for my profile, I had a browse around other people blogs on the BAPP course, to see the kind of style and approach people took. I discovered there was quite a varied range of profiles. Michelle Whitney's profile was structured almost like a story. It had a very warm, conversational tone and gave you a sense of her whole life, not just the years she has been training and performing professionally. I enjoyed reading it, but felt that sometimes it could have been slightly more consise, which is why I have not taken this approach directly. Jonny Howard used his profile to show his personality, adding light hearted jokes and comments. It completely contrasted with the layout and colour scheme of his blog, which is black in colour and very formatted, but I liked the contrast, as it showed his personal and professional side. Comedy personally isn't my strong point, and I am not very comfortable writing in that style, however I did find myself smiling when I read it. Georgie Bird stuck very strongly to her origional performance CV. She allowed the profile to flow, making it easy to read, but kept it very factual.

I re-wrote my CV in quite a similar way to Georgie. I tried to make the tone come across as warm and light, but kept very closely to my CV, allowing whoever is reading it to have a clear sense of what I have been up to and what I am doing now. I am thinking about adding a small paragraph on at the end, talking about what my goals and aspirations are, but I dont want the profile to feel to long and laboured. I am going to continue researching other peoples profiles, to see if they have a paragraph at the end about what they would want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment