Sunday 10 February 2013

1a. The re-written CV

My name is Iona Holland, and I recently graduated from the Urdang Academy, London, receiving a National Diploma in Musical Theatre. Throughout my time at Urdang I played a number of interesting roles including Hunyak in Chicago, Meg Kincaid in Merrily We Roll Along, and Shprintze in Fiddler on the Roof. As well as having the amazing opportunities to perform, I was also given the responsibility of dance captain and/ or assistant choreographer for a number of different shows. It was from this, that I developed my love for choreography and teaching. Since leaving Urdang I have had some amazing choreographic and teaching opportunities. I was assistant choreographer to Mark Smith on the Chichester Festival Youth Theatre's production of Noah. I then re-choreographed the piece for a charity fund raising performance to raise money for Children on the Edge. I am currently a movement practitioner for the Chichester Festival Youth Theatre dance strand 'New Moves'. In addition to this, I am undergoing a work placement at the Chickenshed Theatre which is allowing me to learn a new style and approach to choreography, as well as letting me build my knowledge and confidence as a teacher. I am excited for this new chapter in my life and feel that the BAPP at Middlesex will give me the opportunity to explore different ideas and opinions about topics I am interested in. I hope it will also broaden my knowledge and challenge me on ideas and theories that before, I knew nothing about.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Iona. Good to know about your experience and current activity.

    ReplyDelete