Wednesday 26 March 2014

The planning of my critical reflection

So the interviews and observations I have been conducting have been really interesting and I am enjoying discovering and reflecting on my findings. Already certain themes are immerging, but I am also seeing a huge variety in the different choreographic processes I am learning about. I am beginning to try and analyse why this is, but I still have two interviews to complete so I am having to be patient.

Two days ago I wrote a detailed plan of my critical reflection, breaking down each advised heading into sub headings. This has really helped my essays in the past, as it ensures you cover all areas, but have a well thought out and strong structured essay. I feel a lot better now that I have done this, as I have a clear direction as to where my essay is heading. In addition to this I am now able to start writing an introduction as well as begin to draft out some of the rest of the essay. 

When it comes to the literature I have struggled a bit to know how to incorporate it into my essay without the clear structure of my essay to be hugely complicated. I am aware how important it is that the literature supports and also challenges your findings and so it needs to be constantly inter- woven into the anaylsis. However, I also feel it is appropriate to have a subheading of literature within the essay in order to set it up clearly and to allow it to be a strong feature of the reflection. 

My next stage within this process is to finish the last interviews and then finish cross referencing the data! 

No comments:

Post a Comment