Thursday 13 March 2014

The slight feeling of panic...

So I have completed a couple of observations, have two more interviews scheduled and am just trying to arranged the final interview. I am still aiming to have all interviews and observations done by March but I am feeling a little impatient! I feel a massive desire to start pulling all my information together and start writing, but I know that I am not ready yet....

In terms of literature I have categorised it all into sections and have read up on it to the point where I now need to cross reference it against my own personal discoverings.

Reading up on the creative process, there are many websites and books which try to categorise the process into sections. This final module feels a process of creativity and discovering and yet trying to put all my feelings and thoughts into a specific boxes or categories just doesn't seem to be working! When it comes to choreography, I do usually go through a stage where my thoughts are whirring and not in any type of order. However I also trust they will come together naturally. I am hoping this will happen with my final module, but right now it just doesn't feel like it. 

It's quite interesting to feel the difference in how my brain works when it comes to creating choreography and creating my final module work. Right now I can't work out why there is a difference, expect that maybe when it comes to creating choreography, the journey is so personal that I have more control over the outcome. But with this module I am learning about so many different people and so many different sources that it is taking longer for me to process everything. 

I am trying to see this new feeling as a positive thing, as I am learning so much about myself from this entire process, as well as so much about my chosen topic. I just wanted to document this feeling as writing it down has ironically helped me to organise my thoughts! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Iona
    Great to hear where you are at. I think this is exactly what a blog post could do – that is help you organise your feelings to explain to someone else in a post also helps with getting things sorted in your own head. If we were all in one place we could sit around drinking tea and have the same experience but we are not and so the blogs are a way to have the same kind of sharing and clarity from sharing.
    Keep going it sounds like things are going well!
    Adesola

    ReplyDelete